Long Term, All Weather Stabilising Additive and Dust Suppressant
SHIELD AWR is a unique blend of nanopolymers and dispersing chemistry supplied as a free flowing, non-hazardous, eco-friendly liquid. It is diluted into water carts and can be sprayed topically or blended into roads, airstrips, hardstand areas, walkways etc at specific application rates to treat varying material types, traffic loads and volumes, climatic conditions and cost parameters.
SHIELD AWR chemistry supersedes traditional polymer stabilisers and binding agents that are heavy membranes which tend to become very slippery and dangerous. Our nano (ultra-small) particles blended with leading edge dispersing technology allowing for better material penetration, blending and compaction.
SHIELD AWR minimises ongoing maintenance and can be applied to existing pavements to rejuvenate them and make them dust free.
- Increased structural integrity and longevity of gravels used in all civil construction
- Maintains structural integrity in high and low moisture environments
- Minimal to zero surface fines loss (dust)
- Delivers a long term solution to stabilisation and dust suppression projects
- Eliminates the requirement for continual watering cycles for dust suppression
- Faster compaction with better workability of gravels with less water
- Reduces material permeability protecting subgrade material
- Does not require special application equipment
- Improves the road running surface in all climatic conditions
- Can be blended in or topically applied depending on application requirements
- Stops binding material types unravelling and frost heave affecting material in cold climates
- Non slippery, non-hazardous and eco-friendly
TOPICAL / DUST SUPPRESSION
Three diluted solutions (SHIELD AWR and water) of 500ml per m2 applications are applied directly to the ground surface allowing for sufficient penetration and surface binding.
A single diluted solution (SHIELD AWR and water) of 500ml per m2 application can be applied as a maintenance program as required.
The application solution dosage rate is dependent upon the design and performance criteria.
APPLICATION – BLENDED / STABILISATION AND DUST SUPPRESSION
A single application of diluted SHIELD AWR is applied per m3 as the compaction water to obtain optimum moisture content (OMC) then blend and compact.
The application solution dosage rate is dependent upon the design and performance criteria. After rolling the surface, apply a 250ml diluted solution (SHIELD AWR and water) per m2 topical application of diluted solution.
A single 500ml (SHIELD AWR and water) per m2 application can be applied as a maintenance program as required.
Health, Safety, Environment and the Community (HSEC)
RST strives, through a process of continuous improvement, to fully integrate health, safety, environmental and community (HSEC) consciousness into all aspects of its activities.
For more information and to obtain the Safety Data Sheet please contact RST